I "Heart" Fall


I had planned on starting a Liesl for NaKniSweMo, or perhaps a Cropped Cabled Sweater that I found in a Classic Elite booklet, but as the weather took a decided dip into the realm of chilly, I reordered the List and decided to use the Rowan RYC Soft Tweed I had in my stash for a Vine Lace Top Down Cardigan by the Sweater Babe.

Why this pattern?

1) Topdown. Need I say more?
2) Doesn't it look like the perfect December-March sweater?
3) This yarn is about as soft as they get.

Soft, quick, warm. Oh, yeah, the perfect NaKniSweMo project.

I started swatching yesterday, couldn't get anywhere near gauge, not and get it to look right, so I downsized to a size 10 needle, did some math and cast on until I found the right mix for this ultra soft, very loosely spun yarn. I have no idea how the lace pattern will look, but I did spot another sweater done in this yarn on Ravelry, and it looked just great.

That's the real blessing of Ravelry--you can do some serious investigation into a project before you find yourself mired into a mess. Use everyone else's missteps and knitting expertise to save you from finding yourself in the same swamp. That, and it's a great way to really blow an hour or so of "research surfing."

BTW, the Baby Surprise is done and I will give a full report in my next post. Just got to find the right buttons. Happy Fall Knitting to all and to all a good stitch!

Comments

Popular Posts