Onesies

I've found myself knitting onesies this week. One glove. Finished one of my Curiously Clever Clogs. And started one Fuzzy Foot--I don't think you can call it Fuzzy Feet until you cast on the second one, but I might be wrong on that. The Clog and Foot may just have to take the back burner for a while, because I've been getting hives on my hands for the past few months, and I personally think it might be a mohair problem. I've knit with a lot of mohair in the last six months, and I think that might be the cause of my woes--having gone all the other usual routes of soaps, lotions, odd foods, vitamins and all the other things derm people like to look at. So I am banishing the mohair from my knitting corner for a month and see if my hands and arms clear up. And if they do, I may have a stash busting sale on a bunch of Brown Sheep, and half finished Brown Sheep projects.

So what then? I am going to knit the Weasley Sweater for oldest little hero for his birthday. He wants one in Ravenclaw colors, so I found this nice tweedy blue/bluegrey blend, that is soft and washable. Then onto some baby sweaters for friends with spring babies due. I picked up some lovely pink and green Swish to make the Peapod, and then perhaps this Drops baby sweater which I spied on another blog and thought was too cute.

What do you have on your needles or in the line up right now? Ever had problems knitting with mohair or hives from a fiber? What helped? And please don't say give up knitting.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmm, I don't get hives from anything but I have heard of others who do. Trust what your hands are telling you! Will you be at Madrona this year?
Anonymous said…
I haven't yet knit with Mohair so I don't have any suggestions for you. I hope you're doing alright!

Popular Posts