Beat the Winter Doldrums


So I joined the Beat the Winter Doldrums swap. This is my first swap and I am so excited.

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?
Mostly knit. But I can crochet, as long as it isn't too complicated.

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Straights.

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try? Sugar 'N Cream is my usual choice. I've been eyeing the Lion Brand Natural Cottons, thinking they would make some great spa cloths for gifts.

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)? My bathroom is yellow and navy blue, and my kitchen is a homage to 1980s rose pink and gray with white melaline (sp?) cupboards, all of which I would give my right arm to gut down to the studs. My dream kitchen? Cranberry!

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite? Favorite colors? Blues, bright greens, sea glass colors, love reds, pinks, purples. Not a huge fan of orange, metallics or browns.

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends? Yes and no. I do like it when it snows--though in Seattle that is a rare treat. I DON'T like the dark days, but my house is light, with lots of windows, so even on the grayest days, I don't mind it too much. And besides, with my Christmas Cactus finally blooming over my desk, I can enjoy a little bit of winter joy.

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps? I generally don't get down in the dumps. Not my way or personality. But a bunch of sunny daffodils or tulips from the grocery store or chocolate will cure just about anything. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself and it seems to work.

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps? Cookies or chocolate. If they are one and the same, even better. And really, why wait until you feel sad to eat them? If you eat enough, you never get down.

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa? I adore coffee. I have a wonderful espresso machine that grinds the beans at the push of a button and the coffee comes out all hot and fresh. I try new beans all the time--love rich, earthy beans--not the froufrou ones that come drenched in flavor. Just good beans and milk, thank you. I also enjoy herbal teas for the evening. We have a tea here in Seattle that I love--Market Spice tea, all orangey and cinnamon and spice, mmmm! I drink it sometimes because it really perks you up especially on a foggy, gray day. It's the perfect winter tea!

10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? Oh, this is so easy--London. I absolutely adore London--the history, the sights, the people, the museums, the shops, everything. I've been several times and could go once a year for the rest of my life and never be bored. I've been planning my next trip of late (not that I have a date yet or the husband pass to go, but it never hurts to be ready) and this time I want to see the Fan Museum, go back to Sir John Soames House, the Silver Vaults, some extra time at the British Museum, find a good tea shop for afternoon tea, take one or two London Walks, and stay in a B&B in a Georgian built house, catch a couple shows. The V&A costumes, because last time it wasn't open. Just basically revel in Regency London sights and make like I'm Jane Austen for a week. Gads, I am such a geek!

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? Not a huge fan of mohair or fluffy/fuzzy sort of yarns.

Comments

Popular Posts