Must. Keep. Knitting.



That has been my mantra for the last few weeks--but after cranking out endless, and I do mean endless, neckwarmers, gloves and mitts, including this scarf for my sister-in-law, until my hands gave up last night. I mean, I couldn't knit another stitch.

I have one more neckwarmer to go. 2/3 thirds of the way through the gloves for my nephew. The hat I knit for the other nephew has been absconded by my oldest son--so that must be replaced. I had hoped to knit a pair of fingerless gloves for my dad and husband, and finally a pair for my mother. It just ain't going to happen. At least not all of them.

When I cried "uncle" last night, my hands throbbing in pain, and declared that I couldn't knit another stitch, I could see the panic in my son's eyes--you see, he and dad had just gone shopping for Christmas, having a guys' night out, and I knew they had gone to Hilltop Yarn Shop. His panic was something akin to "No, mom! You can't stop now. Not after we bought you . . . " I soothed him by saying, 'I just needed a break, but I'd be back at it by the next day' and his relief was nearly palatable. I love kids at this time of year.

Really, give up knitting? Yeah, right.

Comments

Popular Posts