Homework

Lately our schedule has given us some free Sunday afternoons. Around here a free afternoon is like gold, so I've been using my time to tackle some things that require some time, patience and, well, time. Like patching up my Duckie socks, and this past weekend, I tackled homework.



I'm taking Cat Bordhi's all day class at Madrona and I wanted to have a good understanding of her take on "sock architecture" before I spent an entire Saturday wondering what the heck she was talking about. So this Sunday I sat down to knit the learning socks from her book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One.

So with a latte in front of me (an essential learning tool), her book spread wide open, I started the Little Sky Sock just like a beginner would. I knit these with dpns, but for the next pair, I think I am going to use Magic Loop.



These turned out a little bigger than I expected and my gauge was off, even though, yes, I did do a gauge swatch. Heave. A. Big. Sigh. This coming weekend I'll do the second learning sock, and keep reading the book.



In the meantime, my Toe-up Socks that I started in November, but got set aside for Christmas knitting are rolling along, (another of my UFOs that must be done before Madrona), and I am just so in love with this colorway that I've renamed the socks "Apple Blossom Toe Ups", because the colors have me wishing for spring and apple blossoms.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Perfect renaming of that colorway! I'm not loving the cold right now even though I'm not quite wishing for Spring yet.

Popular Posts