Wrestling Socks



I joined the WIPs Wrestlemanis 2009 group on Ravelry, (Team: Burning Down the Stash) with the much needed goal of spending the month of July cleaning out the old works in progress that need to be, well, finished. And I dug out a few:

  • Six pairs of socks
  • 1 Lace Stole
  • 1 Lace scarf
  • 1 cardigan


So I attacked the socks first, going after all my cast-on craziness that I'd done during May and June while I was stuck at home. I've been devouring Cat Bordhi's book New Pathways for Sock Knitters, and pulling from the stash to make her wonderful examples.



These are the socks I started at Madrona last February in Cat's class on Sock Architecture. Knit on 0 dpns, and using the Riverbed architecture, they were a great learning sock. I even finished them with this cuff, which I find I like better than your usual K2P2.



I also had these socks on the needles, but I didn't like the plain heel that I had done on the first one:



So I frogged it back and did a reinforced heel. Then I noticed that there isn't a single heel in Cat's book that isn't done with anything other than a reinforced heel. Now I know why, especially when you see the difference:



I've one more pair of socks off the needles and just in need of few finishing touches then it is onto my Lacy Stole which has languished for far too long.

Comments

Popular Posts