This Poor Blog

I have been neglecting it shamefully. And I have no excuses. But I have just lacked the desire to get up here and yammer on. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.

I finished the Felted Doctor's Bag (Ravel linked) I started, and felted it, but haven't taken pictures of the finished purse.



Here is Mr. Tater inspecting my knitting. I'll get the felted photos up some time next week, if I get to Value Village and find some handles. I'll cut them off a .99 purse and make this truly a second hand and stashed purse. This is a great pattern as it used up a lot, and I mean a lot, of leftovers. Good for all those little balls of Cascade 220 leftover from hats and mittens and scarves.



I also spotted this skein of Three Irish Girls Kells Sport Merino in Lady Slipper on the Ravelry destash group and bought it, and am now turning it into a pair of Duckies. Love the yarn and the pattern by Aquaknits.

Finally, as I was sorting out the rest of my leftovers of Cascade 220, I realized I should be doing more charity knitting. Especially now that winter is coming and the call has been put in the Seattle area for hats and scarves for the homeless, The Warm for Winter Campaign. I knit this last weekend in Seahawks colors and in honor of opening weekend of football knitting season.



This is the Hat Fit for a Boyfriend pattern, and I may or may not knit another one. I'm thinking of doing the Elizabeth Zimmerman hat that is double layers--both to use up yarn and make a hat that will keep someone's head nice and toasty. It does get cold in Seattle, and I used to volunteer at a homeless shelter for older men, and they would come in at night so bitterly cold from a day on the streets. Warm hats sometimes are the matter of life and death. If you would like to knit a hat and send it to me, I'd be more than happy to add it to the bin at my church, just drop me an email at elizbo AT elizabethboyle.com. A stranger who could use a helping hand will thank you right around Thanksgiving and all through the winter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the idea of a double knit hat. And I love knitting in the round using the Magic Loop method. I think I'm addicted to it.

Where would I get that EZ pattern, please?

I hope that, if you aren't keeping the blog up, it means you are writing your little heart out. Pretty please.

MargaretG

Popular Posts