Christmas Knitting

Nothing like finding that one thing to knit for everyone for Christmas. In the past I've knit hats, scarves, last year it was dozens of pairs of those great Fetching mitts. But this year, I've looked and searched and tried in vain to find that one pattern that fits all. You know the sort, that you can knock out by the dozens in all sorts of colors that is going to be universally loved? Yes, I know, those patterns are gold and this Fall all I've found were more like tarnished silver. Good, but not quite there. Then I happened on the proverbial pot of gold:

The Luxe Neck Warmer




Aren't these great? And they knit fast. Like really, really fast. I would never have found them if it hadn't been for the podcast, Stash & Burn. They had a one skein theme going and they mentioned the Luxe Neck Warmer from the book, knit2together. I didn't remember the pattern, but they way they discussed it (especially as a great stash buster) piqued my curiosity and I dug up the book at the library and was immediately hooked. So a huge shout out to Jenny and Nicole of Stash & Burn! You've got my needles flying.

Now the pattern calls for a bulky weight yarn, and I wanted to make mine out of several skeins of leftover Lion Brand Cashmere I had tucked away. A quick search on Ravelry led me to Veganpurls who already knit this and left great mods. So a shout out to Michelle as well!

The tan and colored ones used up the Lion Brand, so I dug into my Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, and I'm further modifying the pattern (cast on 96 stitches on size 8 needles--better yet, cast on only one repeat--84 stitches--mine with the double repeat is a little too big) and I'm almost done with the green one. I'll cast on the next one tonight. At this rate I'll have my Christmas knitting done before December 1st. Just in time to start baking cookies.

So what are you knitting this year for Christmas?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay for lovely and quick holiday knits!

Popular Posts