Lucy Done!



I finished my Lucy in the Sky sweater yesterday by sewing on the buttons. I was so excited to have it finished, I immediately wore it out to a luncheon I was attending. Of course no one at the table was the least bit crafty and they looked at me oddly when I started to talk about knitting. Hmmm. Okay. No knitters here. So I knew it was time to get home and brag shamelessly about my new FO.

I started this last spring with Cascade 220. Ran out of steam after finishing most of the body and getting the sleeves cast on. Picked it up in August and got fired up to finish. So I did.

I knit the sleeves on two circs, and don't like how they turned out. They have a line up the side--the gap between the circs--that didn't block out and has me a little irked, but I still love the sweater. I won't knit sleeves like that again. Any suggestions?

The best part of knitting these bottom up sweaters, is that once you join the sleeves, it is nothing but decreasing--so every row goes a little faster. When I got it done I went to my favorite button shop, my mom's sewing room, where she has jars and jars and boxes of buttons, old and new. I found these very old pearl buttons--and decided to try a new technique in sewing them on, by backing them with really small, clear buttons. It worked great, and made the sewing easier and the buttons feel so much more secure and stable. I'll use that method again.

I am so pleased with my new sweater, I have cast on another, and I have two more that I am going to cast on in the next few weeks. I think I am going to try to finish all three before Christmas. Maybe mixing up the knitting a little will keep each project interesting enough to see them through.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful job! You should be pleased! 2 more?!!

Popular Posts