Catching Up

Oh, bad blogger. Really slacking. But let me explain. I took a knitting class a week ago and was going to blog all about it. Then I took the class. And as my grandmother always said, "if you can't say something nice . . . " So that experience just sort of weighed on me all week. Do I just air my dismay all over the internet or just be polite? I'm choosing polite, since I did learn a few things. And I'll just leave it at that.

On the knitting front, I finally finishing slogging my way through miles of garter stitch to finish the Drops Baby Jacket:



It is an ingenuous little piece of knitting--you start at left front band and knit around the body, breaking off and knitting the sleeves and top portion, rejoining and continuing around until you have a complete knit. It was one of those projects that you start and sort of slog around on, and then get a bee in your bonnet to finish and I just kept knitting.



I was also in Portland recently, and got a chance to shop at Knit-Purl, one of my favorite yarn shops. I picked up two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Layette. Isn't this a pretty colorway? I've never knit with their sock yarn before, but couldn't resist casting on a toe-up sock almost immediately. This close up just shows perfectly how pretty it is:



I also fell in love with this "Moss" Pear Tree Australia yarn, which is their Knitting Yarn in a light worsted weight. What I love about it (besides being 100% merino and totally, completely, yummyily soft) are the slightly darker slubby bits mixed with it.



I've been playing with it, swatching it for gauge and various needles and stitches with the idea of doing the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. (Ravelry Linked) and looking at all its incarnations to find one I love. But choosing is proving hard when you see this one or this one with the picot edging. Or this one.




Sometimes the dreaming is just as fun as the knitting.

Comments

Popular Posts